With the New Year just around the corner, a special celebration that comes around quickly is Valentine’s Day. If you’re tired of the same old flowers, card and dinner date, why not try something special with your loved one and organise a vow renewal? If you’ve been married for a special number of years, or even just to reaffirm your love, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to renew your commitment to your partner.
Some things to think about for the perfect celebration of your vow renewal include:
- Who to invite – This depends on how big you want the party to be! Your children, close family and friends are an obvious choice, and maybe you’d like your original bridal party to attend so you can reminisce about your wedding day. Basically, anyone who you’d like to bear witness to your love – make it as small or as large as you wish.
- What to wear – As for any celebration, it’s a special day and the perfect occasion to dress up. A wedding dress is not really a necessity, but your original gown could be perfect if altered in some way to suit modern day trends and the less formal occasion.
- Who officiates – As it’s not a legally binding ceremony, there is no particular rule about this, so anyone you want is fine. A church priest or minister, a trusted friend, one of your children or a celebrant are all ideal choices.
- What to say – Again, as there is no legal requirement with vow renewals, you can say what you like. Original wedding vows are often popular at such ceremonies, as is choosing to speak your own words that come from the heart.
- Where to hold it – Anywhere that you can host a great celebration with the right amount of space for your guests is the perfect place. You want to be able to enjoy yourselves and not be hanging out in the kitchen cooking for the masses, so choosing a restaurant or function venue will help make it your day to enjoy and relax!
Contact our Events Team to help plan your vow renewal celebration this coming Valentine’s Day. Our function centre has perfect rooms for all occasions.