The I Dos are done, the speeches have been spoken and your guests are getting ready to cut a rug, not long after you’ve cut the cake. No doubt the alcohol is flowing freely by now and celebrating the union of a very special couple (i.e. you!) is the number one priority.
Once considered somewhat of an afterthought, the business of ensuring your guests’ senses are titilated through entertainment is fast becoming hot property.
Here are some wedding entertainment tips to whet your appetite and get you thinking about how best to get your loved ones up and out of their seats.
- Hire professional dancers to lead the way and show guests how to really boogie. Take your pick from jazz, swing, polka, whatever gets them moving!
- If you’re an Elvis lover, why not get along an impersonator? He could even double as your MC. What a talking point that would be.
- Consider your cultural background. A nod to your heritage (or your husband’s, for a lovely surprise) will wow your guests and add an element of individuality to your night. Greek background? Teach your guests the Zorba dance!
- Ask guests with guitars to bring them along and place them outside on the balcony or verandah. Expect impromptu singalongs, jams and plenty of requests. A nice way for your guests to break the ice.
- If you have a kid-friendly reception, why not have kid-friendly entertainment? Think: arcade games, ping pong tables, pinball machines and giant board games. It might just bring out the big kid in everyone.
- Photo booth. Enough said.
- Get members of your bridal party to ask guests for photos and video clips with you and your partner. Put together a slide show and project throughout the reception, complete with your favourite music playing in the background.
- Hire a covers band. You’ll get to hear the tunes that are guaranteed to get you and your guests up on the dance floor.
- Know a band trying to ‘make it’ in the big time? Give them a break by asking them to perform at your wedding. They’ll increase their audience reach, get the chance to refine their live act and you’ll most likely nab them at a reasonable price. Everyone wins.
- Hire an interactive food truck. Plenty of food trucks now offer the chance for customers to design their own meal. Why not try a fro-yo, ice cream or desserts truck to round off your night?
Interested in having your wedding reception at the Waterfront? Find Out More Now!