You’ve made one of the biggest decisions of your life and announced to family, friends, the world, that you’ve found the one you want to grow old with, the one who holds your heart. Before you set about organising the big day, there’s the matter of the other big day, your Engagement Party. This is the day you make your announcement official, celebrate the countdown to your Wedding Day and the good times ahead.
When planning your perfect event, essentials to think about include:
- The hosts – Traditionally it is the bride’s family that throws the engagement party, but there’s no set expectation these days. A combined effort on behalf of both families might be appropriate, or you and your fiancé may wish to host the party yourselves.
- The guests – Think about your wedding day guest list now, and this will give you a good start on the engagement party attendees. Modern day trends also see couples inviting newer friends, work colleagues and parents’ friends as additional guests to their engagement function.
- The theme – This should centre on you, the special couple, reflecting your personalities or interests. Being prepared now with a theme for your wedding day is also useful as the engagement party can aim to point towards that too.
- The food and drinks – Your wedding day will likely be formal affair, so why not go for a less formal mixer-style party with canapes and cocktails or even a buffet menu for your engagement celebration? Guests can mingle easily and get to know each other better and it keeps the atmosphere less formal than a wedding.
- The venue – Choose somewhere that can host the type of celebration you envisage. Whether it be close-knit or a larger scale party, you will know when you find the perfect place. (And, in our unbiased opinion, a venue with beautiful water views is just the ticket ;))
Let the Waterfront Function Centre set up a special room for you and cater for your every wish. With our partners, we will help you put the final touches on your celebration.