When you choose to have your wedding at The Waterfront Function Centre, you not only get one of Sydney’s most amazing waterfront venues, you also get access to our comprehensive range of wedding suppliers. All our suppliers have been handpicked for their premium services and their utmost dedication to providing our wedding clients with superstar client service.
This month, we put the spotlight on Black Cab Central.
What services do you offer for bridal parties at The Waterfront?
Black Cab Central deliver unforgettable, unique wedding day memories through the hire of vintage London cabs as wedding day transport and the hire of Australia’s only mobile Black Cab Photobooth as a unique wedding day guestbook/fun activity. We have up to 5 Black Cabs, 1 Black Cab Photobooth and 1 Ivory Cab available for hire.
We are very proud of our independently reviewed 5 star level of service. We have been featured in Vogue Weddings, have received great feedback from the British High Commission for our involvement in the Queens 90th Birthday celebrations in Canberra and always aim to exceed expectations by providing the best possible service to suit individual clients. We offer a National solution with our most popular local package being the below:
Sydney 3hr Black Cab Hire – $600
• 3hr Cab hire* (from pickup to drop off)
• Professional chauffeur in formal attire
- White ribbons and silk flowers
- Complimentary bottle of bubbles
- Complimentary chilled water
- Complimentary music playlist or play your own music through our Bluetooth ICE system
- Complimentary photos & black cab keyring souvenir
- Complimentary refreshment kit: Tissues, mirror and baby wipes
- Complimentary use of UK flags / props
- Fully insured
- All fuel, tolls and parking
* For hire within zone A (see map). We provide a nationwide service. Please contact us for bespoke quote.
About the Classic London Black Cab
The FX4 London Taxi was first produced in 1958 and offers seating for up to 6 people. The large passenger cabin includes specially designed wheelchair access, face to face seating and more legroom than a first class seat in Concord for the bride and her dress.
Our fully restored, air-conditioned cabs with their extensive chrome fittings, upgraded leather seats and upgraded in car entertainment are the best around and are guaranteed to provide you with lasting memories of your event.
The London Black Cab is one of the world’s most iconic and instantly recognisable vehicles. With less than 20 classic London Cabs in Australia, you are sure to stand out on your special day.
What are your three top tips for working with Black Cab Central prior to/at a wedding?
- Follow us on Facebook/Instagram and visit our free resources page – We have a sample runsheet and some tips on how to plan your day along with a map displaying possible photo locations and examples of photos featuring the cabs which may give you and your photographer some ideas.
- Call us or meet with us to discuss your wedding day ideas, themes and locations – We are very passionate about providing the best possible service at every event and want you to be 100% happy. We will provide custom music playlists, can arrange ribbons and flowers to suit your style and Utilising our many years of experience and contacts in the industry, we can make suggestions on how we can tailor our service so your special day is that bit more enjoyable.
- On the big day…Keep calm and carry on! – All the hard work is over and it is time to relax and enjoy your special day. Our drivers will know exactly where you want to go and be on hand should you want anything.
What questions do you recommend couples ask when looking for wedding car services?
- Research your potential wedding car supplier online. Read independent reviews on Facebook/Google/Instagram to ensure a singlet wearing, sweaty driver doesn’t turn up in a smokey rust bucket.
- Arrange an inspection of your chosen car and go for a test drive to ensure it is everything you’ve dreamt of.
- Ask what services are included in the price, who will be driving, what the driver will be wearing and ensure there are no hidden extras or surprises.
What are some of the key points about your service that bridal couples should know for weddings?
Everyone at Black Cab Central is very passionate about what we do. We love driving these unique, iconic cars and being part of the happiness they create. We are all customer-focussed and want you to have the best possible experience on your special day. We love to receive positive feedback and no request is too big or small.
Some key points about the cabs:
- They are unique and quirky! There are now less than 20 functioning classic London Cabs in Australia which means lots of attention from passers-by and exclusive memories.
- All our cabs offer face-to-face, air-conditioned seating for 5 people in the spacious passenger cabin and some cabs have an additional seat next to the driver. The entire bridal party can travel together.
- Our Black Cab Photobooth is the only one of its kind in Australia. This cab can be hired to provide wedding day transport and then be setup as a photobooth after the wedding or during the wedding reception for your guess to use as a guestbook and receive a lasting souvenir.
We hope to be part of your special day and welcome your contact should you have any questions about our services.
Thanks for your time and best wishes with your wedding plans!