OK, we’re going to start massively stereotyping right about now and say grooms-to-be, here’s a post for you! If your fiancé has been asking you to get more involved in the planning of your wedding day, why not take responsibility for the cars? (And apologies to all the car loving brides-to-be out there – we know that you are out there and feel free to use any of the advice in this article too!)
Choosing the right car can really help to cement the tone of your wedding day and give your guests a visual indication of what to expect – especially for the arrival cars. Turning up in a classic white Chrysler limousine sends a different message to a stretch Hummer which sends a different message to a convertible Mercedes Benz.
You can choose a limousine or stretch Hummer and have all of the bridal party, or the bride and her extended family, arrive in the one car. Alternatively, if the bride wants to travel to the wedding with just her father, a smaller convertible can be a great option. This is also a fantastic choice for the newly married couple to travel together from the church to your reception venue, or for leaving the reception at the end of your wedding celebration.
Our trusted supplier, HF Wedding Cars, can help you to choose the car that best suits the size of your wedding party, your wedding theme, and your personal style.
When choosing a wedding car and supplier, here’s some important questions to ask:
- What is the hire period? Will this allow you enough time to use the cars for photographs if that’s important to you?
- Is there a minimum hire period and do you charge for waiting time?
- Is a driver provided?
- Will the car stay at the reception after dropping you off and wait for pick up, or will it be doing other jobs? Will you need to provide a meal for the driver?
- How many passengers will the car hold?
- What decorations can be used on the car? What arrangements need to be made for florists or other providers for decorating the vehicle?
- Are there any access limitations at any of the pick up or drop off locations?
- Are child restraints available or do they need to be provided?
Like all of our preferred suppliers, HF Wedding Cars is more than happy to help you make the right choice for your wedding day. Our dedicated events team can help you to coordinate all necessary arrangements between suppliers. To find out more, speak to The Waterfront functions team on 8047 0475 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.