Whilst Spring and Summer may be more traditional times for a wedding, today’s brides are discovering all the cool trends associated with a mid-year event and just how wonderful a winter wedding can be – stylish, romantic and breathtakingly beautiful.It’s the season of faux fur, blankets, fire pits, marshmallows, long sleeves, bridal boots, dark flowers, moody candlelit venues, mulled wine and crisp nights. There’s something unexpected about winter wedding too. And because there’s not as many of them, everyone seems to go wild and seriously kick up their heels.
Here’s just a few reasons why you should consider getting wed in winter.
- For a start, your wedding photos will look amazing. Not only is the Winter light more flattering for photography but here at the Waterfront, it is the time of the year when our sunsets over the bay are at their most spectacular. Rich red, orange and golden hues can create a spectacular backdrop for your big day.
- With fewer weddings during the winter season, availability is improved. You’ll find it much easier to lock in all the details and vendors for the date you want.
- The chance of rain, not to mention a makeup meltdown are far less during the winter months. The cooler weather also means you are going to be a lot more comfortable in your dream dress and the groom won’t be sweltering in his suit either.
- Luxe fabrics come into their own during winter. You can indulge in luxury accents like a faux fur jacket or bolero, a velvet wrap, shoes or other accessories. Don’t forget to consider rich colours like forest green, navy, deep gold or burgundy for a truly luxurious and romantic effect – and tie it in everywhere – we’re thinking invites, ring boxes, bouquet wraps, centrepieces or bridesmaid’s gifts.
- The cold weather compliments the warm dishes and rich desserts that everyone loves. Our team at the Waterfront will help create the perfect menu for your big day. Maybe think about some of the big winter wedding trends too – like a hot chocolate station. It’s a great way to warm up your guests on arrival or as a late-night treat before they head home. Include bowls of extra chocolates and marshmallows for toppings and maybe a nip of Bailey’s as an optional extra. Elegant, simple and oh so memorable for your guests.
- If you’re planning an overseas honeymoon it’s a great time to go. The weather in Europe and Asia is at its best for a warm escape. Even if you are planning a tropical getaway in the northern states of Australia, it is still the perfect time to begin your happily ever after.
- Last, but certainly not least is that the Waterfront has a great mid-year all-inclusive package available throughout June, July & August. The package includes canapes, a three-course meal, a beverage package, DJ, Master of Ceremonies, AV equipment, centrepieces and a whole lot more. Check out the full details and the menu options here >>