When you are deciding where to hold your wedding, it’s really important to be clear about what you’re looking for and what you will need from the venue. This might seem like obvious advice, but it’s essential to make an appointment to go to the venue see it for yourself and discuss your wedding needs with the events staff.
At The Waterfront Function Centre our experienced Events Team will show you around and get a sense of what you are looking for. We know most of the questions that people should be asking so if you forget anything don’t worry – we’ll remind you!
Here are the essential questions that you should be asking venues before you decide if they’re the right place for your wedding reception:
- The date! Is the venue available on the day that you want?
- Do they have the space to cater for the number of people that you wish to invite?
- How much are their packages, and what does the cost include? Are there any extras not included in the cost?
- Special requirements. For example, do they have access for disabled guests, can they accommodate any unusual equipment or decorations you wish to use, or any special parking needs?
- Do they have relevant venue permits and insurance?
- What hours will you and your guests have access to the venue?
- Are there any extra facilities available for the wedding party? (For example, a private room for changing)
- Staff: How many staff will be provided. Who takes care of decorations? Who will be there on the day to coordinate proceedings?
- Music and dancing. Is there are dance floor and how big is it? How about a sound system? Will you be able to hire a band or other live music?
The Waterfront Function Centre has two open days coming up in April where prospective guests will be able to view our beautiful reception rooms fully dressed, meet our team, and enjoy some delicious canapés. View full details and register here.
For an idea of what to expect when you visit take a look at some photographs and details of our stunning venue click here.