What Time of Year is Best for Your Wedding?
One of the first decisions you need to make when planning a wedding is when to get married. Should you have a summer wedding or a winter wedding? In terms of cost there may not be a great deal of difference, and you can certainly have a lovely wedding at any time of year. There are however some advantages to each season that are worth considering.
- Wedding venues tend to be less busy during the cooler months so you may have a better chance of hiring the venue you want.
- Your wedding photographer will be happy as winter light makes for much nicer photographs. In the summer, in Australia at least, the light can be harsher.
- The honeymoon advantage of a winter wedding is that you can fly off together to the romance of summer in Europe or North America.
- In the Sydney region we are fortunate to have very mild winters, often with gorgeous sunny days. Summer weather can be a lot more unpredictable with sudden storms and heat waves.
- The warmer weather of summer is usually better for outdoor and beach weddings.
- The days are longer, with stunning sunsets, and people are often a bit more relaxed.
- Flowers at this time of year are in abundance, so you will be spoiled for choice.
- Photography during the harsh light of the day may be a bit difficult but the evening and morning light is soft and beautiful so try and time you photographs accordingly.
- You will have plenty of honeymoon destination choices close to home. Head off for a tropical honeymoon in northern Australia, or cross Bass Strait for a Tasmanian adventure.
Summer or Winter, at The Waterfront Function Centre we can keep you cool in the hot weather and cosy and warm when it’s cold outside. The stunning views and stylishly appointed reception rooms will be the same no matter what the season. View our beautiful reception rooms here: http://waterfrontfunctions.net.au/weddings/reception-rooms/